|I'm a rubbish gardener but I've managed to grow a few flowers.|
|Mr C looks really little and young there.|
Mr C has learnt to crochet! He can chain, double and treble. He said he wanted to learn so he could make animals like in the book he got for the boys to give to me for Mothers Day. He picked it up super quickly. Annoyingly quick actually. He's been all "What's the big deal?!" about it. Grrrrrr.
|He even has a special crochet face that he pulls|
The evening after I showed him how to do the basics I came down stairs once I'd got the bigguns to bed to find him quietly crocheting away with a baby fast asleep at his side. If there was ever any question over our compatibility then here's the definitive answer. And it has been questioned in the past, you see we got engaged just six weeks after becoming a couple. We moved in together after we got engaged which is a bit backwards. We got married within the year. I got pregnant on honeymoon. It was mental really, when I look back it seems insane! But I felt it was right and decided to embrace it all.
It's all been a bit bonkers here of late, what with the change of pace that the summer holidays are bringing. So it came as no surprise that the roof decided to spring some major leaks into my kitchen at this time. For a while it had been a bit drippy now and again when there was a big down pour and the wind in the right (wrong) direction. But we hadn't anticipated suddenly needing the whole north side of the roof done. Hey ho. Old houses...
The boys have been super cute lately, when they've not been terrorising me! They are like a little pack. They run circles around me. If it weren't so frustrating it would be hilarious. So back to their cuteness, I want to remember these lovely little things so I'll pop them here on my blog and share them with you.
There I was standing in the kitchen in a bit of a flap one morning. I was trying to get everyone out the door on time, trying to make sure everyone had all the things they needed for that day but we were running later and later (is later a word?). I said out loud "Right, what do I need to do?" and Little shouted "Crochet!" He does tickle me.
I was putting Big to bed the other day and I told him I love him, just as I always do. I asked him if he knew what that meant he said "Yes. Happy" God bless that boy. He has some learning difficulties so concepts of feelings are really hard for him to verbalise. This is a huge break through. Quite momentous. That he could even grasp what I was asking him was a big deal.
Mini has started to suck his fingers the same way Mr C used to as a baby. It is a double edged sword though. On the one hand it helps him stay asleep through the night a bit more predictably but he seems to lose his appetite when he has his fingers in his mouth. Also how do you stop a child from sucking their fingers? If they have a dummy you can get rid of that but you can't get rid of their fingers!
We have booked Mini's Christening/Baptism and I have decided to get myself done at the same time. I have a quiet faith, it's in there. I haven't been raised as a Christian. By that I mean we never went to church, I never went to a Church of England school, my Dad is a non believer, my parents left it to me to decide. Well I have decided and I do believe, I want to believe. I live by the Christian morals as I was brought up nicely but I want to sort of make it official. Does that make sense? I don't want to go all philosophical so I'll move on from this topic after telling you what my "sponsor" (God mother) said in a text after I asked her to be my God mother.
Emily from Unravelled has given me an award. I do quite like an award it has to be said. I especially like the ones that call for facts. I think it's a great way to sneak into my blog things about me that my children might like to know when they are older and when I'm gone (obviously I will live to a ripe old age but this is here forever)
1. I once asked Mr C if he believes in soul mates. He doesn't. I'm fine with that as I don't either. But he did say that we are Rock and Roll Mates and I love that!
2. My current favourite Friends episodes are a) the one where Joey tries to learn French for an audition and b) the one where he buys Chandler a really blingtastic bracelet and Chandler does a Mr T from the A Team impression "I pity the fool who wears my jewellery, I do. I DO!"
3. My boys call beef burgers, beast burgers. Quite clever me thinks.
4. I am addicted to pinterest. Facebook has gone out the window and now I am pinning on my phone using the app whenever possible. In fact I have had to ration myself lately.
5. I once flashed on the London Eye when with My Girls. We had a private pod. I did it right at the top to make them laugh.
6. Mr C and I danced to Mr Bowjangles for our first dance but my Dad cut in and ruined it for us. I still feel disproportionately upset about it.
7. I like my wrinkles around my eyes. They show I smile a lot. That means I am well. I'll admit to having had botox in my frown in the past. I think, looking back on it, I frowned more than smiled at the time and I was trying to hide from the world that I was falling.
|my make up looks a bit crackers here.|
And so I shall pass this on to:
Play along if you like but don't feel you must.
ps. have you seen Madelief's post? Lovely giveaway. Part of me doesn't want to tell you all about it as you'll enter and I'll have less chance of winning! Gosh I'm wicked. Please don't tell my vicar.
Didn't believe me did you?! Cackling!